Many of you have been asking me for a “needs” list for Landstuhl Regional Medical Center (LRMC) / Wounded Warrior Medical Center. This is a list just sent by my friend who works at the hospital. Please help where you can. Thanks! Robin (“The Sky Angel”) October 2011
PS. If you want to send the items to me and have me send them on to LRMC I can do that, or you can send them directly to my friend. Please let me know. Thanks again!!!
Division – Landstuhl Regional Medical Center
The Wounded Warrior Ministry Center (WWMC) is an entity within LRMC Pastoral Services that cares for the humanitarian needs of wounded and ill Service Members evacuated from the theaters of operation. The WWMC provides items of comfort to “fill
holes” until the service member’s personal items can catch up with them in the military healthcare system.
The WWMC services more than 750 service members each month. Since the WWMC is a non-funded humanitarian entity within the Department of Defense, we rely on the generous donations of fellow Americans and others, both substantive and monetary, to provide these items.
We truly appreciate the efforts of each and every person willing to share “hugs from home” and words of encouragement with those who have given so much for the cause of Freedom in our world!
Below is a list of items Service Members typically request and take from the Wounded Warrior Ministry Center.
This list will be updated periodically.
- Winter Coats
- Phone Cards – United States Domestic Only With No Expiration Date – 120
- Black 30 Inch Duffel Bags (No Logos)
- Men’sShoes – Size 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5 & 12
- Bath Towels
- Blankets (In Preparation For Winter Transport)
- Long Sleeve T-Shirts/Shirts L-M-S-XL(In This Order)
- Men’s Boxers L-XL-M-S (In This Order)
- Men’s Slippers (Slip-On Non-Slip) Sizes 8-14
- Men’s T-Shirts L-M-S (Not White Undershirts)
- Sweat Pants L-M-S
- Travel Pillows
- iTunes® Cards
- iPod Shuffles®
- Nail Clippers
- Men’s & Women’s Deodorant
- Lip Balm/Chapstick®
- Travel Size Shaving Cream
- Travel Size Foot Powder (Ex: Gold Bond®)
- Brushes (Not Combs)
- Men’s Pajama Pants Sizes L-M-S-XXL-XL (In This Order)
- Hand-Held Electronic Games
- Healthy Snack Bars, Chocolate, And Candy
- DVDs (No Extreme Violence Or Nudity – No VHS Tapes)
DO NOT send used items
Monetary donations to the WWMC fund for Warrior Programming, high-demand and seasonal items are acceptable (please make payable to: Landstuhl Regional Medical Center CTOF)
Thank you again for your assistance! Working together, we can make a huge difference in the lives and recuperation of our Heroes! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Updated 29 October 2011